NDP Nanodiamond Suspensions
A suspension is a liquid in which small particles of solid are contained, but not dissolved.
In NDP suspensions, the small particles are nanodiamonds that do not agglomerate or settle.
Suspensions normally have a low viscosity.
The generic NanoEndureTM product is a water based nanodiamond suspension. NDP also offer a range of different liquids in which the nanodiamond is suspended. These liquids are tailor made to suit the end use application.
NDP suspensions are used as an additive in a wide range of applications from electroplating to enhanced polymers. The amount of nanodiamond added is between 0.5% and 2% by weight of the total solids in the final application.
Concentration refers to the amount of nanodiamond in the liquid.
Nanodiamond suspensions are offered in concentrations from 10 carats of diamond (2 grams) per litre of liquid to 100cts/L (20 grams per litre).
The table below shows the sizes of nanodiamond available:
|Product line||Size (nm)||Origin (nm)|
NanoEndureTM END 80 SU
Typical application examples of NanoEndureTM in the Automotive, Aerospace, Superabrasive and polymer industries are:
1. Metal finishing with electroless nickel, electrolytic nickel and chrome, and in gold plating.
2. Polymer coatings with polycarbonate, polypropylene, melamine, polyvinyl alcohol.
Advantages of nanodiamond as an additive:
• Increased micro hardness and hence wear resistance
• Increased coating corrosion resistance
• Reduced coefficient of friction
• Improved coating grain structure
• Increased levels of crystallinity in polymers